Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our Fabulous Flagstaff 4th!!

So this is our fabulous 4th! As everyone who knows me well knows the 4th of July is: MY FAV. HOLIDAY! We thought we'd spend this year's 4th in Flagstaff, seeing as last year was such a yaaaaawn fest! And boy, I'm glad we did! Aren't these hats so dang cute? Of course Nonna got them for the girls. As may or may not be able to see, the girls got their faces painted, which they love. Kendal got a traditional flag, while Keaton opted for purple and pink fireworks.
Just bundyin' out on the patio. Don't you just love sidewalk chalk? It's like a dollar and can easily be hours of fun.

My fabulous fourth Flintstone feet. So patriotic, don't ya think?


Here the girls are decorating the red, white, and blue cupcakes I made. I'm such a 4th of July cheeseball!






The piece de la resistance!

Huh, what? Yeah, it HAILED while we were there! Scary! But it didn't ruin our 4th! :)

Playin' mini-golf. The girls had so much fun with this. There were some interesting strokes, that's for sure! I'm sure more than one squirrel was scared right out of it's tree! Ha!ha!

Blowing bubbles at the parade. This is the highlight of the day (well it is for me!). It's always so much fun, and thank heavens the rain gods decided not to let us have it! Although, right at the end, it started to sprinkle.
The girls got more than one compliment on their lovely patriotic frocks. Thanks Nonna....again! :)




This was right before the parade, and right before Keaton spewed chunks! Poor thing is trying to smile in this pic. She threw up in the car on the way over and opted to stay home. But right after we got to the parade, she called to let us know she felt better and was coming right away! I think she was too excited to hold her breakfast down! Can't blame her, I was too!


Here are some pictures of fireworks off the tv! Macy's Annual fireworks. We weren't able to see the real thing this year, but we had fun watching these anyway!












Swimmin' at the club! We all got so burnt this day, despite the 50 spf! That Flagstaff sun is strong y'all! I mean, you have to reapply your sunscreen like every half hour or so. Whoops!

YAWWWWNN! What a great end to a great holiday weekend!


1 comment:

Heidi said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! This used to be one of my favorite holidays too...before moving to AZ. I just need to realize that we have to head to higher ground. ;)