Thursday, July 30, 2009

Clean Eating Blueberry Crumble


It's time once again for our latest clean-eating recipe. I'm not gonna lie, this one wasn't as impressive or tastey as the banana bread. But....you win some, you lose some! :) I think it was due to a few factors: (Trish or someone else, what do you think?)



1. My granola was too dry?

2. I didn't bake it enough. Or maybe.....

3. I should've put in on the bottom rack of my oven.

See, about 3/4 of the way through the baking, I noticed that the granola was starting to get dark brown on top, so I tried to sort've rearrange the granola on top so it wouldn't burn. But then I got so anxious that I just pulled it out! The granola was practically starting to catch on fire! So the blueberries weren't quite cooked through, and the granola was WAAAAY over just toasty, the arrowroot effect had definitely not kicked in b/c it was way too watery (as you'll see in the pics). I really want this to work out. Maybe some of you talented baking experts could help me out!
Here's the recipe (I have heard nothing but good things about this recipe, btw, that's why I'm convinced it's something I did wrong.)
Blueberry Crumble
6 c. blueberries
1/8-1/4 c. sucanat or honey
1 T. arrowroot powder (thickener)
4T. water
2-3 c. granola or muesli
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place berries in a deep oven-proof baking dish or in individual baking dishes. In a small bowl mix water and arrowroot powder thoroughly. Stir in honey or sugar and pour over the blueberries. Top with granola. Bake uncovered for 30-40 min.
















No comments: