
It's time for another installment of
FHE. This night we talked about prayer, and the importance of it. We discussed needing to pray more often, like morning, noon, and night. We pray pretty well now, but nothing that's consistent. Brian made us a nifty prayer chart so we always know whose turn it is to say which prayer (also eliminates fighting thank heavens!). And.....we made prayer
s'mores! I've seen this idea on
Sugardoodle, but it involved
pb&j sandwiches. Well, since 2 out of our 3 lovely ladies HATE
pb, I thought I'd switch it to
s'mores instead. I think they thought it was a pretty good idea. We used the
s'mores as an object lesson on the correct order of prayer. So, first graham cracker was addressing our Father in Heaven, the chocolate represented expressing gratitude for all of our many blessings, the third step was the marshmallow which stood for asking for blessings and forgiveness, the final graham cracker represented ending the prayer in the name of our savior. Hopefully the idea "sticks" as well as the microwaved marshmallows did! Yes, folks, we had ourselves some "Arizona Summer
S'mores". No fire involved.

I love this demonized pic of Keaton battling her
s'more.
Ooey goodness!

As you can see, there were many
wipees involved.

This demonstrates the odd texture the marshmallows took on from the microwave. Kind of weird, but fun as well! (Brian looks so goofy huh?).
1 comment:
What a fun idea for FHE. We will have to try that out over here too. Smore's are perfect for us too because Parks can't have PBJ. Thanks for passing along the idea.
Post a Comment