Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turkey Day and Decorating the Tree. . .

I'm so behind on my blogging, and I have so much to blog that I figured I'd just lump everything together! Here is our lovely Christmas tree. We had a great time adorning our plastic tree and drinking hot cocoa! And of course, later after the kids were down for the night we "redistributed" the ornaments.
So many decorations, so little time.



Karsen just really took to this snow globe, so I thought I'd capture the moment. I think this is the first year she really realizes it's Christmas and knows who Santa is.
We visited my mom in CA for Thanksgiving this year. It was a total blast. My little bro and his wife and baby Gracie were there. We hardly ever get to see them, and this trip just left me wanting to be closer to them! The weather was beautiful for the most part, except for the rain the morning of Thanksgiving. It cleared up quickly and the kids were able to fathom the joy of gathering real autumn leaves. They are such Arizona kids, they think orange and red leaves are simply fascinating! They collected buckets and buckets of them!









Keaton holding her real blood cousin Gracie (don't laugh, cousins are scarce in our family! Get going on that Seth and Jane! ;) ) She was such a cutie and is growing like a weed. The kids adored her and wanted to hold and kiss her the whole weekend.
The girls with Gracie and Uncle Seth.
Okay, these little kid cars are so much fun! My mom's got a great cul-de-sac for the kids to play in safely. We have a pink jeep like this one ourselves, but check out the tripped out jeep for bigger kids below! We had a couple of minor accidents and whiplashes, but it's all in good fun right?




My stepdad makes the greatest lemon meringue pie you've ever tasted! I think it's the California lemons! He started these Thanksgiving morn, and the girls were intrigued so they jumped in.

The secrets of a great pie crust.

1 comment:

Bunch of Brooks' said...

Hey, what a cute tree! I also love your striped walls; very creative Penny!!