Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Why I Quit Potty Training

The limp and lifeless casualties of the Potty War.
I thought perhaps some light reading would summon the Pee-in-the-Potty Fairy? No such luck.

So I thought I'd try to potty train Karsen this week. We talked about peeing in the potty, we read books about it, even witnessed some good girls going pee pee in the potty. But when the day finally came(and I was armed with delicious drinks and pet stain remover) it just seemed like a no-go. Karsen carelessly wet pair after pair of panties with no apparent discomfort to herself, begging me to ask the question: Is Karsen ready for potty training right now? My theory is, if you don't care that you pee all over the place and it's not uncomfortable for you, you're not going to be motivated to pee in the potty! So the answer to my question for right now is a resounding: No!



1 comment:

Jenn and Rich said...

That's too bad. I know you thought she was going to catch on. I'm so not looking forward to doing that with Maren. Isn't it crazy that they're even old enough to be potty trained. I remember when we had them. So on with the diapers!